I’m headed out tonight to soak up some live music here in Austin, Texas. I thought I should quickly tap out my top 5 reasons for going to see live music as a way to kick off this blog.
5. Get out of the house–I often get song ideas while driving around town.
4. Break a routine, develop a habit–I don’t see live shows as often anymore. A body in motion tends to stay in motion and a body at rest tends to stay at rest. I want to be in motion.
3. Support a friend–I’m going to see Jess Klein tonight. She’s a recent transplant from NYC and a talented songwriter.
2. Catch a live performance–There is nothing better than a live performance. A recording never captures the experience of being in the room while music is made, plus you never know what’s going to happen.
1. Learn from others in the music community–It’s always great to learn more about how others write their own songs and to see the impact that a song can have on an audience.